This position preforms skilled work in the design, installation and maintenance / repair of irrigation systems. During the winter schedule, will assist with snow removal and other various projects, weather permitting.
Experience Level: 2 years of irrigation installation and / or irrigation maintenance
- Assists field personnel with diagnosing and troubleshooting irrigation related problems.
- Installs and troubleshoots diverse types and models of irrigation controllers, including electrical troubleshooting of all the system components.
- Maintains, repairs, and troubleshoots numerous sizes / types of control valves.
- Maintains detailed records of maintenance activities, and update GIS maps / as builds.
- Must be proficient in the following specific skills:
- Knowledge of repairing Poly & PVC pipe
- Basic head valve, repair, replace, and adjust
- Basic controller programming, and smart controllers “ET WATER”
- Copper soldering
- Backflow repair
- Winterization and blowouts of irrigation systems
- Repair irrigation mainlines
- Rain sensors setup and operation
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Must pass background check consisting of employment history, personal / professional references, criminal record and drug screening.
- Maintain positive client relations.
- Secure all materials and equipment needed, keep in good condition.
- Demonstrate dependability and efficient work practices.
- Must keep a professional appearance.
- Keep current with emerging industry trends through continued education.
- All team members help and support other departments when necessary.
Physical Demands & work environment:
- Irrigation technicians spend most of their working hours outside in all temperatures and weather.
- The position requires bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and lifting especially when maintaining in-ground irrigation systems.
- Technicians should be comfortable with and have physical and manual dexterity to operate heavy equipment and use of digging tools (backhoes, dump trucks, front end loaders, small and large trenchers, shovels, augers). Irrigation systems can sometimes be buried underground and must be excavated to be maintained; technician should be comfortable working with digging equipment / tools.
- Exposure to dust, grease, noise and chemical vapors – PPE is provided.
- Ability to move and / or lift over 50 lbs.
- Ability to be on-call for irrigation emergency.
- Salary dependent upon experience. Hourly $20.00 – $28.00
- Complete benefit package including match 457 GOV.
- 12 Vacation days
- 12 sick leave
- Paid federal holidays
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Triview Metropolitan District via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or standard mail 16055 Old Forest Point, Suite 302, Monument, Colorado 80132.