Job Type: Skilled Trades & Craft
Pay Range: $37.50 to $41.00 plus full benefits package
Location: Monument, CO
Posting Close Date: 4/30/21
Water/Wastewater Pipeline Inspector
Triview Metropolitan District is seeking a Water/Wastewater Pipeline Inspector to join our team. As an inspector, you will establish the quality and proficiency of pipeline systems. This exempt position will be responsible for inspecting water and wastewater facilities such as pipelines, hydrants, valves, regulators, pump stations, manholes, water and wastewater services lines, including obtaining GPS readings for all fittings, service line connections, and curb stops. The work that is being inspected is being completed by contractors who are working on behalf of the property owner/developer and/or District.
In this job you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring projects/construction progress and conducting on-site inspections; including final inspections
- Assuring compliance with standard specifications, regulations and appropriate construction techniques
- Providing solutions to ensure compliance with required standards, specifications and codes
- Authorizing appropriate changes to designs, or construction
- Preparing and maintaining project/construction reports, activity reports and logs
- Coordinating water main shut-downs, air and vacuum tests and bypass pumping
- Coordinating chlorination flushes and discharges
- Documenting as-builts/record drawings, plat cards, field measurements, work orders, and signing permits
- Assisting in developing and maintaining construction and design standards
- Ensuring construction materials meet specifications
- Participating in pre-construction and construction progress meetings
- Coordinating with Pikes Peak Regional Building Department to ensure inspections are conducted and approved
- Complying with the safety and health program in support of an incident and injury-free workplace
- Demonstrating the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers and stakeholders throughout the community, maintain composure and tactfully navigate through challenging issues with grace
- Working autonomously with little supervision, demonstrating leadership and focus to ensure that your team is successful
Why should you apply? If you have demonstrated experience in water or wastewater systems, have excellent customer service skills, value autonomy, and are familiar with water/wastewater standards, we want to hear from you! This job will provide you the opportunity to work with a wide variety of stakeholders, partner with contractors, and citizen owners to manage, prioritize and execute projects and assignments.
What will it take to be successful? The ideal candidate will bring either an associate or bachelor’s degree with a focus in Construction Management, Business, Engineering, or related field and/or completed a pipeline apprenticeship or equivalent program (journey-level). The ideal candidate will have five or more years of relevant Water/Wastewater experience and have the ability and desire to obtain and maintain a level 4 State of Colorado Operator’s certification in Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection. Leadership experience is preferred. Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license.
What a career at Triview Metropolitan District can offer you…
- As a Special District located within the Town of Monument, located 20 miles north of Colorado Springs, CO, the Triview Metropolitan District provides water and wastewater services to 2,000 residential homes, retail business and commercial businesses. We offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity to our rapidly growing community. Triview is also a leader in providing renewable water to our community and as such owns and operates collection systems located in the Upper Arkansas and Lower Arkansas Basin along with the Fountain and Monument Creek Drainages, irrigation ditches, reservoirs, and pump stations.
- Triview employs a team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies
- We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment that embraces teamwork and flexibility
- Join our team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community. For more information and to apply, visit https://triviewmetro.com/employment/
- Starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education, and training of the successful candidate.
- Triview Metropolitan District does not sponsor work visas of any kind (including but not limited to F-1, H-1B, or TN visas). Eligible applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Have a question? If you have a question about a position or need assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-488-6868
E-Verify and Right to Work Notice. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Triview Metropolitan District participates in E-Verify. Selected applicant will be subject to a drug test and background check.