Development in the District
The land in the District has been developed or is planned for residential, commercial and mixed-use development. Of the approximately 2,590 acres in the District, nearly 2,000 acres are designated for single-family residential and associated use, 334 acres are designated for industrial/commercial use, 263 acres are designated for commercial use, and 36 acres are designated for mixed uses, which includes high-density residential, commercial and office uses. Of the approximately 2,590 acres within the District, approximately half is developed or currently has buildings under construction, and the other half is undeveloped.
- 660,000 square-feet of commercial retail space located on approximately 93 acres.
- Major retailers: Home Depot, Walmart Supercenter, Kohl’s Department Store, PetSmart and Staples Office Supply.
- Other retailers: Wells Fargo Bank and several buildings that have approximately 21,000 square feet of commercial/retail space currently occupied by small businesses and restaurants.
- An additional 11,000 square-feet of commercial/retail space is planned.
- Restaurants: Texas Roadhouse and other local restaurants and national fast-food establishments.
Jackson Creek Crossing
- 86,000 square-feet of commercial retail space.
- Retailers: King Soopers grocery store and several small businesses and restaurants.
- 7-Eleven and FirstBank are adjacent to Jackson Creek Crossing. Starbucks is also planning to construct a store.
Jackson Creek Commerce Center
- Commercial development that is marketed to medical/healthcare service providers and local businesses.
- Includes Colorado Springs Health Partners Health Center.
- Retail: Brakes Plus, Advance Auto Parts, Goodwill Retail Store, Tractor Supply Co., Ent Credit Union, Murphy Express gas station, Qdoba.
- An additional 46,000 square-feet of commercial space is planned.
Monument Ridge Commercial Development
- Located south of Baptist Road and east of Jackson Creek Parkway.
- Commercial/Retail: Fairfield Inn, Walgreens, Chase Bank, AutoZone, McDonalds.
Other District Commercial Space
- Natural Grocers foods store.
- Retail storage facility.
- 194-unit apartment complex is planned.
- Schuck Development has begun planning a commercial area located west of I-25 and north of Baptist Road. The first phase of this development is expected to consist of office/warehouse facilities.
- Pilot full-service truck stop on Baptist Road and I-25. While this facility is not within the District, the presence of the Pilot Facility attracts hundreds of vehicles on a daily basis.
The majority of the developed property in the District consists of property which is being used as or is planned for residential development. The District currently serves an estimated 2,165 single family residential homes and 460 multi-family residential units.
The District also serves 61 commercial accounts and 44 irrigation accounts. The majority of the current single-family residential development within the District is being completed by Classic Homes, Vantage Homes and Saddle Tree Homes. Lokal Homes is in the process of building a Town Home Community located on Lyons Tail. At full build-out, the District is expected be home to approximately 3,032 single-family homes and approximately 756 multi-family, rental, townhome and condominium units.