Triview Metropolitan District is working with other northern water suppliers to develop a system that would be used to bring renewable water to Northern El Paso County municipal water customers.
The proposed Northern Delivery System would construct a booster pump station, 10-mile pipeline and tank which would move potable water from a tank at the northern edge of the Colorado Springs Utilities service area to northern water systems.
- Northern Delivery System Overview
- Northern Delivery System Overview Presentation
- Northern Delivery System Alignment
- Northern Delivery System Alignment Alternatives
- Fox Run Regional Park Alignment
- Brings renewable water to northern areas in El Paso County which will reduce reliance on groundwater that is decreasing in both quantity and quality.
- Improves fire protection for areas along the pipeline route and within Fox Run Regional Park by constructing a 1 MG tank and fire hydrants.
- Promotes efficiency by using existing water lines and facilities within the CSU system to convey renewable water from multiple water basins to Northern El Paso County.
- Improves water quality in Northern El Paso County by providing clean, renewable treated water.
- Provides an avenue for CSU to transport return flows north if the Northern Monument Creek Interceptor (NMCI) Project is constructed.
- Information on upcoming public meetings will be posted on the website.
Review and Permitting Process:
Triview is in the process of submitting applications outlining project details and obtaining all permits, agreements and approvals required by El Paso County. The tank design will be submitted to the State Health Department for review and approval.
The El Paso County permitting process requires consideration of environmental impacts. The considerations are numerous and include items such as endangered species, wetlands, plant life, habitat, archeological sites, restoration of vegetation and more.
Several specific considerations for this project include impacts on:
- Preble’s Meadow Jumping Mouse and its habitat near the booster station
- Culturally modified trees within Fox Run Regional Park
- Recreational users of Fox Run Regional Park
Potential Project Participants:
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Donala Water and Sanitation District
- Forest Lakes Metropolitan District
- Town of Palmer Lake
- Triview Metropolitan District
- Woodmoor Water and Sanitation District
- Town of Monument
- Academy Water and Sanitation District
- Forest View Acres Water District